Where to go?
kaZantip is located in Popovka, Crimean peninsula
kaZantip 2015 winter near EQUATOR
kaZantip moves in space and time...
next stop will be near the equator
from 18 - 28 February 2015Join, sign in and we'll invite U!
place released to members only!
win VIP privileges and more
kaZantip 2015 summer in Crimea
Popovka is the name of the idyllic seaside location where kaZantip stays. It is a small, sleepy village where not much goes on when the kaZantip guests aren’t visiting. Popovka, however, has one of the longest, widest, cleanest and most beautiful sandy beaches on the whole Crimean peninsula. It is the place to experience the most incredible sunsets on the black sea. The water has a low salt content and is therefore particularly mild. It is crystal-clear and exceptionally clean.
Popovka is just under two hours drive from the airport at Simferopol, the crimean capital. Crimea is a Peninsula on the black sea. Jalta and Sevastopol are Crimea’s best-known towns. Crimea remains the top address on the black sea for sun worshippers from all states of the former Soviet Union as well as the whole of Europe.
The best ways to get to kaZantip
kaZantip is a hidden paradise that requires some effort on your part in order to arrive at this beautiful festival. For the many years that we have been at kaZantip, no one has regretted the amazing journey.
Except those who have travelled by car or bus...
Cheap flights via Moscow to Simferopol
The best way to reach kaZantip on the Crimean peninsula is to fly to Moscow in Russia. there are many air lines that fly to and from Moscow from all around the world.
Find cheap flights to Moscow and further to Simferopol (SIP) by using the flight ticket search engine “Jetradar” or book with “Dobrolet” ( an Aeroflot daughter) directly to Simferopol and benefit from super cheap flight prices to Crimea.
From Simferopol you can drive by taxi to Popovka. For a cheap ride share a taxi with friends or strangers.
Some fact about Popovka and Crimea
Due to recent changes in Crimea you might have some questions about your trip to kaZantip 2014.
It is safe to come to Crimea and kaZantip. No militaries or protest actions on the streets. People continue living their lives and kaZantip is preparing to open its gates for all party goers on July, 31st.
As Crimea is a part of Russia now most of visitors should apply for Russian visa in advance. Visa to the Russian Federation is not required for the citizens of: Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Croatia, Chili, Israel, Cuba, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, Thailand, Turkey and Venezuela. Ask a travel agency of your choice to help you with that matter.
However as a foreign guest it may be a good idea to take a time out for 2014 visiting kaZantip as in a emergency case there won't be any support from the responsible consulates.
Where to sleep — hostel — hotel — room
Find cheap and comfortable rooms, hostels or hotels direct at place in Popovka — there is no need to book anything in advance — there are always enough accommodations available starting from 10-20 Euro per day.
There are plenty of tour agents who try to get their steak from the success of kaZantip. Our advice: unless we announce something else you better organize your trip and stay by yourself! Don’t waste your money with some unprofessional fools who try to rip you off. There is NO ONE single official tour operator or agent, even if they say so, and we are against and surpress those — be informed that at any given time those tour operators may close their activities and you are lost.
We advice to book a room at place.
With a daily temperature of around 30—35°C in July and August the climate tends to be hot and dry. An almost constant sea breeze makes the heat easily bearable. In the night the temperatures seldom sink below 18°C. The water temperature averages a pleasant 20—25°C. Statistics show that there is a 95% chance of good sunny weather at this time of year.
Do you have additional questions? here you will get the answers.
Average prices for food & drinks
Living costs are low on the crimean peninsula. You only need around 12—20€ a day for breakfast and two fairly simple hot meals with mineral water. At the bars in the kaZantip party areal a beer will set you back the equivalent of 2—4€, a cocktail around 2—5€ and a glass of vodka 1—2€. The most expensive drink of all is a b-52 or a sambucco for around 4—6€. The prices on the kaZantip party areal vary from bar to bar and dance floor to dance floor. Comparing prices is recommended. Prices are lower in the vilage.
Count to spend 400€ and more per week for drinks and food to be able to enjoy your kaZantip holiday without counting every cent. With less than that sum you won’t be able to have real fun. Some of our guests, depending on their drinking habits, party real hard and spend up to 1000€ and even more...
Travel tips and general infos
- Europeans require a visa for Russia. Your passport must be valid for at least 7 months.
- You can use your mobile/cell phone throughout Popovka and on the beach. There are 3 providers.
- Very few landline telephones exist in Popovka. You can, however, buy a Ukrainian prepaid SIM-card for your mobile/cell phone (around 5€) in Popovka, which you can use to make cheap calls abroad.
- There are only a few bank cashpoint in Popovka. Therefore, we recommend that you bring sufficient cash for the whole of your stay.
- There are plenty of places for you to change money in Popovka. However, please note that only cash in Euros, US dollars and Russian roubles is accepted! The ukrainian currency is called “griwni“.
- Cash in the form of Ukrainian griwni is the accepted form of payment in Popovka and the kaZantip party grounds, in all the dance floors, bars and restaurants.
- Bring a light pullover with you in case it gets a little cooler in the evenings. Light summer clothing and sandals are sufficient otherwise. Most guests wear flip-flops even for dancing in the evenings.
- You will also need a high-protection sunscreen, as the sun is particularly strong on the crimean peninsula. Avoid the midday sun!
- It is also advisable to bring a couple of electric mosquito zappers for your Room with sufficient refills for your entire stay. There are no mosquitoes on the beach and at the kaZantip party grounds.
- A small torch is also useful in case of a power cut.
- Two-pin earthed sockets are used in Crimea.
2 Join & Sign inPrepare yourself — become a Fan — join the kaZantip community and get involved!