Where is the kaZantip Festival…
in Popovka, Crimean peninsula, Ukraine
Where to go
Popovka is the name of the idyllic seaside location where kaZantip festival stays. it is a small, sleepy village where not much goes on when the kaZantip guests aren’t visiting. Popovka, however, has one of the longest, widest, cleanest and most beautiful sandy beaches on the whole crimean peninsula. it is the place to experience the most incredible sunsets on the black sea. the water has a low salt content and is therefore particularly mild. it is crystal-clear and exceptionally clean.
Popovka is just under two hours drive from the airport at Simferopol, the crimean capital. crimea is a peninsula on the black sea and is part of ukraine. jalta and sevastopol are crimea’s best-known towns. crimea remains the top address on the black sea for sun worshippers from all states of the former Soviet Union as well as the whole of Europe.
the best ways to get to kaZantip
kaZantip is a hidden paradise that requires some effort on your part in order to arrive at this beautiful festival. for the many years that we have been at kaZantip, no one has regretted the amazing journey.
except those who have travelled by car or bus…
cheap flights via Kiev to Simferopol or Sevastopol
the best way to reach kaZantip on the Crimean peninsula is to fly to Kiev in Ukraine (airport Borispol (KBP) or Zhulhany (IEV)). there are many air lines that fly to and from Kiev from all around the world.
from Kiev fly further to Simferopol or Sevastopol. Simferopol is the nearest international airports from kaZantip. the national airport Sevastopol can be reached via Kiev.
from there you can drive by taxi to Popovka. for a cheap ride share a taxi with friends or strangers.
where to sleep - hostel - hotel - room
find cheap and comfortable rooms, hostels or hotels direct at place in Popovka - there is no need to book anything in advance - there are always enough accommodations available starting from 10-20 Euro per day.
the only hotel booking engine which we support is booking.com - use this link to book a hotel or room.
be aware that we are unable to control the quality of your booking and stay.
there are plenty of tour agents who try to get their steak from the success of kaZantip. Our advice: unless we announce something else you better organize your trip and stay by yourself! don't waste your money with some unprofessional fools who try to rip you off. there is NO ONE single official tour operator or agent, even if they say so, and we are against and surpress those - be informed that at any given time those tour operators may close their activities and you are lost.
we advice to book a room at place or, if you want to book in advance, via the booking.com banner below.
warning: DO NOT book with kаzаntipvоyаge.cоm
with a daily temperature of around 30-35 C in July and August the climate tends to be hot and dry. an almost constant sea breeze makes the heat easily bearable. in the night the temperatures seldom sink below 18 C. the water temperature averages a pleasant 20-25 C. statistics show that there is a 95% chance of good sunny weather at this time of year.
average prices for food & drinks
living costs are low on the crimean peninsula. you only need around 12-20 euros a day for breakfast and two fairly simple hot meals with mineral water. at the bars in the kaZantip party areal a beer will set you back the equivalent of 2-4 euros, a cocktail around 2-5 euros and a glass of vodka 1-2 euros. the most expensive drink of all is a b52 or a sambucco for around 4-6 euros. the prices on the kaZantip party areal vary from bar to bar and dance floor to dance floor. comparing prices is recommended. prices are lower in the vilage.
count to spend 400€ and more per week for drinks and food to be able to enjoy your kaZantip holiday without counting every cent. with less than that sum you won't be able to have real fun. some of our guests, depending on their drinking habits, party real hard and spend up to 1000€ and even more...)))
Travel tips and general infos
- Europeans don't require a visa for the Ukraine. your passport must be valid for at least 7 months.
- you can use your mobile/cell phone throughout Popovka and on the beach. there are 3 providers.
- very few landline telephones exist in Popovka. you can, however, buy a Ukrainian prepaid SIM-card for your mobile/cell phone (around 5 euros) in Popovka, which you can use to make cheap calls abroad.
- there are only a few bank cashpoint in Popovka. therefore, we recommend that you bring sufficient cash for the whole of your stay.
- there are plenty of places for you to change money in Popovka. however, please note that only cash in Euros, US dollars and Russian roubles is accepted! the ukrainian currency is called “griwni“.
- cash in the form of Ukrainian griwni is the accepted form of payment in Popovka and the kaZantip party grounds, in all the dance floors, bars and restaurants.
- bring a light pullover with you in case it gets a little cooler in the evenings. light summer clothing and sandals are sufficient otherwise. most guests wear flip-flops even for dancing in the evenings.
- you will also need a high-protection sunscreen, as the sun is particularly strong on the crimean peninsula. avoid the midday sun!
- it is also advisable to bring a couple of electric mosquito zappers for your Room with sufficient refills for your entire stay. there are no mosquitoes on the beach and at the kaZantip party grounds.
- a small torch is also useful in case of a power cut.
- two-pin earthed sockets are used in the Ukraine.